
I have been working through my new preaching series through the book of John. I have given a lot of thought to my ministry as a chaplain and what I am called to do, including how I think and live.
Christ came as the light. This goes deeper than 'this little light of mine' and reflects the idea that Christ was the foundational piece of reality. He was not shaded by darkness but rather stood before them as the genuine article, the source of order, truth and meaning. He came as the light and stood before them, those he created, and they failed to recognize him. Ministry is and can be lonely, but Jesus has gone before you and been rejected in far greater ways. He was rejected as the light in a world he created.
Preach on and live against the current knowing Christ was also rejected.

0 Response to "Jesus the Light"
Post a Comment